1. Put God First in Everything You Do
- Allow others to speak into your life.
- Under God you will be protected, directed and corrected.
2. Fail Big
- Take a chance and don’t be afraid.
- Think outside the box, for example observe in the video the 9 dot test and reflex how that relates to your own thinking.
- Dreams without goals are just dreams which fuel disappointment.
- Set goals at different levels: life goals, yearly goals and daily goals.
- Plan each day in hour increments, you will be surprised how much you will accomplish.
- Four factors to achieving your goals:
- We don’t plan to fail we fail to plan.
- Hard work, WORKS!
- Doing a lot doesn’t mean your getting a lot done.
- Don’t confuse movement with progress (you could be on the stationary bike of life going nowhere).
3. You will never find a U-Haul truck behind a hearse.
- You can’t take your wealth with you.
- It’s not how much you have, but how much you do with with it.
- The most selfish thing you can do is help someone else out. (Think about how it benefits you because you feel good inside and it changes you far beyond being rich)
4. Put your slippers way underneath your bed tonight so when you wake up in the morning you will have to get on your knees to reach them. (Pray)
- Thank Him for grace, mercy and kindness.
- Thanking Him means you have accepted what is already yours.
- True desires from the heart that is good is God’s proof it was sent before hand that already indicated it was yours.
- Remember to look back to pull someone up.
- Each one teach one.
- Don’t just aspire to make a living, aspire to make a life (difference).
5. It’s o.k. to have concern but don’t be anxious for your future.
Matthew 6:31-33 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
What does this scripture mean to you?
Application: Seek after the Lord first and HIs kingdom because your needs are evident and He knows each one. The command is not to be anxious because when you are anxious or worry it controls you. Concern is different because during the process of concerns you can formulate a plan. You can plan for your future but you can not control your future. This is where we have to trust in God and lay it in His hands. Let Him carry your burdens.
Proverbs 6:3 Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.
According to this scripture how will your plans succeed?
Application: Again the first step is to place your work (dreams, desires and future) in His hands. Pray and ask Him, “Lord you know my heart and desires and I place all my efforts in your Hands because I believe you will establish my plans according to your promise.”
Matthew 6:19-22 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy,[a] your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are unhealthy,[b] your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness! “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.
Why is the condition of your heart so important?
Application: It is your choice where you lay up your travels. Just like any savings program you want to examine what your biggest return will be. Compare and contrast the chart below and you make the choice. Which style of living gives you the biggest return?