- Don’t doubt Yourself (Scene 0-1:40)
What were some ways Lightning Mcqueen doubted? Why do you think that was the case?
What are some things that you are doubting?
- Understand that you cannot second guess God and when this occurs life gets harder.
Ephesians 3:20 New International Version (NIV)
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.
- You can’t out plan God or “out”request Him for your needs. He is faithful and will provide more than you can ever ask.
- You can’t out imagine God, the battle begins in your mind. Your mind is your own worse enemy if you let. Place thoughts of hope and victory in order to rest on God’s promises.
5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.
8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.
- God presents a plan and that is to ask without doubting. He provides promises to give generously but we must not doubt. He wants us to pray and ask for wisdom and trust He will have the solution for us to walk into any situation with confidence.
- When we allow are thoughts to diverge from God’s promise and doubt, our minds becomes unstable and is like a wave blown back and forth. It’s like running a race realizing you are going to lose, so why run it!
2. Don’t doubt your ability
10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
- God has given you special gifts that belong to Him through His son Christ Jesus.
- Your abilities are for good and not evil with a purpose of serving others.
- You are loved so much that He prepared these gifts far in advance. Learn not to doubt what He has given you.
What difference did you notice when Lightning Mcqueen stopped doubting?
3. Living with and Audience of One Attitude
“The LORD is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? The LORD is on my side as my helper; I shall look in triumph on those who hate me” (v. 6–7).
- As an umbrella is used to protect us from the rain, so it is with God’s protection for us in this world of chaos. He promises to be by our side so we don’t have to feel lonely. When difficulty a rise that we can’t handle He promises to be our helper.
- Avoid the haters like a horse with blinders running a race. Focus straight a head and don’t look to the sides. James posed the question, what can man to do us? Nothing, so we don’t have to fear. Our jobs and performances are all done for an audience of one. When the smoke clears we will look back in triumph on our haters.
4. Our last chance will give someone their first chance (scene 1:40-3:50)
What sacrifice did Lightning Mcqueen make when entering the pit for Cruise?
What do you think that means, “my last chance might be your first chance?”
When was a time you saw this type of sacrifice modeled?
You are valued
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
- God’s self sacrifice of giving up His only son was our first chance for eternal life if we believe. Note that God gave up what He most valued in exchange for what He values. That must mean we are valuable. Much doubt comes from lack of validation and who better to validate you but God.
Learn to be a giver
Who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
- Power of humility was displayed for us in order that we might have eternal life. Jesus being equal to God humbled himself by becoming human, obedient and giving his life for us. True humility is when you can give without reward or gaining something back.
- Jesus giving became our gain. When you translate that giving power to others you breath life into them as well as yourself.
How do you think Cruise felt when they were placing the tires on her?
When was there a time when you gave sacrificially? How did it make you fell?
5. Don’t allow the moment to be bigger than the purpose (Scene 3:51-5:50)
How did Cruise react when she entered the race? Why?
In what way have you experience this when the moment became bigger the purpose?
How did the crew help ease her experience as she competed in the race?
What are some similar ways we can help others through difficulty times?
Use your words to build others, don’t throw stones
“Evil words destroy one’s friends; wise discernment rescues the godly.”
- Select words carefully when speaking to others. Learn to build up people with your words. Be an encourager to others. There is a saying in order to have a friend you must learn to be a friend.
“It is foolish to belittle a neighbor; a person with good sense remains silent.”
- There is an old saying, “if you don’t have anything good to say, don’t say anything.” Many times what a friend truly wants is someone to listen to them. In conversation allow others to process what they are going through. Learn to help them work it out from with in. How does it help when you put someone down anyway? All that occurs is you build animosity.
- On the power of words I found a poem on stones.
Our words are stones. We are nothing but stone throwers with each word we speak.
If our words contain beauty people treasure them.
If our words contain pain people toss them aside, but not until after they have had to deal with the wound they caused.
Like the stones in these pictures are hand selected by buyers, we get to choose our words. Which ones will you choose?
Don’t Allow the words of others to get into your head
How did the leading car try to get into cruise’s head?
How did McQueen help her through the process?
When has there been a time someone has gotten into your head? How did you handle it?
- When others try to get into your head it’s because you got into their head.
- Use the anger of others to your favor and always remain calm in all situation.
- If people are talking about you, it must mean you are important to them
1 John 4:20 Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.
1 Peter 2:16 Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves.
Galatians 6:3 If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves.